National Garlic Day will be held on April 19 this year, and it’s never to early to start planning your delicious, garlicky snack to celebrate. This recipe for mouthwatering garlic waffle fries, similar to those that can be found at AT&T Park during San Francisco Giants games, will satisfy your garlic cravings and probably become your new favorite snack.
Garlic Waffle Fries
These garlicky and slightly spicy waffle fries take just minutes to prepare, and they’re guaranteed to wow your friends and family at the campsite.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries (20 ounces)
- 12 cloves of garlic (pressed or minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Large pinch red pepper flakes (depending on desired heat level)
- Fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the waffle fries according to the instructions on the package.
- Just before the fries are finished, places the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Warm the butter and oil on medium-low heat.
- Once the butter has melted completely, stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the butter mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This should be long enough for the butter to become fragrant without burning.
- Remove the fries from the oven.
- Use a spoon or set of tongs to combine the fries with the garlic and butter mixture. Mix the parsley and Parmesan cheese in as well.
- Mix thoroughly, then season the fries with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix again and serve hot.
Don’t forget to stop and see us at Freedom RV in Liberty Lake, Wash., when you’re out traveling in your RV this spring and summer. Our lot is loaded with the industry’s latest and greatest RVs, and we’re also stocked with all of the camping supplies and RV parts you need to make the most of this travel season.